Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2016

WALK FOR 3 HOURS, EAT 7 SLICES OF PIZZA. | 4.25.16

Hello Family and Friends!

It has been another wonderful week here in the mighty TSAM!  Thank you so much for all of the emails and love and support. I love you all!

Not a whole lot to report other than a whole lot of walking. And yes, I do work up quite the appetite! Haha I really did eat pretty much a whole pizza... We ate at the Giffords and they made their own pizzas. They had all different kinds, including an "experiment" pizza which included strawberries and bacon. It was actually really good! Fruit and cheese go together really well. I just don't know about the bacon part... but it was still yummy.

Something else that happened this week... we woke up at 5am to the fire alarm! It was actually pretty scary for a minute! We got quite the start to our day! We were all so tired and we just sat outside in the car until the firetruck showed up. I'm not exactly sure what happened there but it was still quite the adventure!

This week was my first time going on exchanges. It was so great! I went with Sister Johnson into the Deerfield area. It is right next to Las Lomas and Stone Oak but it's crazy how much of a difference there is. In our area, we are right by the temple and it's really nice! WE are pretty spoiled... it is kind of the "rich area." Deerfield had lots of tiny apartments and stuff, but we did teach a lot more people. It's just interesting to see that. But I learned SO much from Sister Johnson. She goes home next week. She is an AMAZING missionary!!

We went and visited Myra this week. I don't remember what I've said about her but she is an older lady with a lot of health problems. She has no toes, she is blind in one eye, has anemia, and osteo-something, and some other problems. But she is just the sweetest. She jokes with us and she is just so cute! She was telling us about how she fell the other day. :( She said she had to call her daughter to get some help. We were listening to her like "Ohhh Myra we're sorry!" And she just goes. "I called my daughter and said, 'Help! I've fallen and I can't get up,' you know, like on that commercial?" Hahahahahahah we died laughing! She is so funny. She has really been through a lot in life and it's so fun to talk to her.

Love you all and hope you have an amazing week!! If you get the chance, look up "The power of Hope" its a mormon message with President Uchtdorf. We have been showing it at dinners all week! 

xoxo
Sister Rachel Philpot







No comments:

Post a Comment