Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2016

"THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR!" | 5.16.16

Hello Everyone!

This week has flown by! I am loving every second of it. Last week I talked a little bit about our investigator, Justin. We had a couple of great lessons with him this week. He was super sick, but still came to church! He loves it so much and he really wants to be baptized, he just has to work through some things first. But he is doing great! We asked him if there was anything that would hold him back from being baptized. He wants to be able to see the blessings that come from keeping the commandments. So as we teach the commandments, we are having him write down all of the blessings that come from keeping each one. He got really excited during the lesson when we were telling him all of the blessings that will come! I wish y'all could have seen him during those lessons. SO excited!! He said, "This is exactly what I'm looking for, what y'all are helping me with." Yayyy!!! I love him so much! Hopefully all goes well and he will be able to be baptized.

We had a lesson with another man named Steven. We asked him if he had read any of the Book of Mormon. He said yes!! We asked him how it went and how he felt. All he said was, "Peace, comfort, enlightened." What?!!! Haha NOBODY says that. He is amazing! Hopefully next time we will be able to meet his wife and kids. They have a lot of potential.

Sister Jones and I were able to teach mission prep yesterday and it was so much fun!!! I loved seeing all those kids getting ready to serve their missions. It is just so exciting and reminded me of all the reasons I decided to come. It is amazing work! The best decision I have ever made. 

I love y'all! Have an amazing week.

Xoxo
Sister Rachel Philpot


No comments:

Post a Comment