Pages

Friday, July 29, 2016

TAKE ME TO THE BEAUTY PARLOR! | 6.13.16

Hello Everyone!

It's getting really hot these days! I don't know how we even survive but I am constantly dripping sweat! Haha I am loving it though and we are seeing success! We had a few investigators at church this week and it was so exciting! 

The biggest news is that this week is transfer week! Sister Jones sadly will be leaving. I'm pretty jealous of her next companion. She will be training again, this time up in Austin. She gets to go to a brand new ward that has just been created! So exciting for her! I will miss her a lot. I will be staying here in this area and getting a trainee myself! I'm a bit nervous seeing as I just finished my training and still have no idea what I'm doing... but this is the Lord's work so I know it will be so great! We will have fun and see lots of miracles. I can't wait to meet her. I'll tell y'all more next week.

We are teaching Maggie, who came to church! She is the sweetest lady I have ever met I'm pretty sure. She is so cute and sincere. She had never prayed before until we taught her and it was so cool to hear her pray for the first time! She is from China so just picture this in a cute Chinese accent. She said, "Dear God Father, thank you in this beautiful day for Jones and Prophy to introduce me to the word of Christ. In the name of the God, Amen." Ahh! I will never forget that experience because it was just such a special moment. We invited her to be baptized and she said she will think about it. I love her even though she can't say my name hahaha. :)

We are also teaching Alex who came to church too! He is becoming fast friends with a lot of the ward members which is great! He loves to sing the hymns and he really listens when we teach him... which may not sound like a big deal but it is such a great feeling!  We also invited him to be baptized and he said he has already been baptized. We talked more about the priesthood and why it is so important. He understood and then he just said, "I have one question. Do you think I should be baptized again?" It was such a sincere question and he was so sweet about it! I wish y'all could have been there. Of course we said yes! Haha and he said he will think about it.

Poor Justin... he was so excited for his baptism... he is really struggling right now though. We went and saw him last night and he was just a mess. I think he gets stressed out thinking that he isn't good enough. He just needs that personal relationship with the Savior and understand that his sins can truly be forgiven! I just love him so much and it's so sad to see him get down like that. Needless to say, he won't be getting baptized on the 18th, but it's okay because I know he will be one day!

We saw Myra quite a few times this week as well. (The less active member we found who's records were lost. She has health problems.. no toes and only one eye. Her.) I promise we are just best friends. She is so cute! We have been trying to get her to take a picture with us forever but she just say's, "I'm too ugly! I look like an old hag!" We just laugh and tell her she is beautiful and try to talk her into it. We asked what it would take for her to let us take her picture and she said, "Take me to the beauty parlor first!" hahahaha Well, finally we talked her into taking a picture so here it is! Once in a lifetime opportunity to see the cutest old lady Texas. Myra... wow I love her!






No comments:

Post a Comment